Our Experience/ Practice Areas
What Our Clients Say
Steven A. Richards Curriculum Vitae
Steve Richards is a 1987 graduate of Albertson College of Idaho with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and a 1995 graduate of The Seattle University School of Law. Mr. Richards joined Grimes & Reese in September of 1998. Prior to joining Grimes & Reese, he represented clients in general civil matters with an emphasis on corporate representation, commercial litigation and insurance defense in Tacoma, Washington and Idaho Falls, Idaho.
Since joining Grimes & Reese, Mr. Richards has developed a thorough appreciation and understanding of the particular legal issues and challenges that direct selling (including multilevel marketing and party-plan) and nutritional supplement companies face in the U.S. regulatory environment. Likewise, he has a corresponding understanding of the daily business issues and realities faced by such companies. In addition, Mr. Richards works with dietary supplement and cosmetics companies that utilize traditional distribution models and companies engaged in E-commerce. Among the services that Mr. Richards provides to the firm's clients are the following:
- Start-Up Representation.
- Development and Drafting of Distributor Agreements and Distributor Policy Manuals.
- Review of Distributor Agreements and Distributor Policy Manuals for Regulatory and Legal Compliance and Enforceability.
- Review of Compensation Plans for Regulatory/Legal Compliance.
- Sales and Use Tax Compliance.
- State Registration of Multi-Level Distribution Companies.
- Distributor Compliance.
- Review of Product Labeling and Advertising and Marketing Copy for Regulatory and Legal Compliance.
- Food and Drug Law.
- Compliance with Federal and State Regulatory Laws (FDA, FTC, State Consumer Protection).
- FDA, FTC and State Regulatory Agency Dispute Resolution.
- Protection of Intellectual Property, Including Copyright, Trade Secrets and Trademarks.
- Trademark Registration (Domestic and International) and Trademark Disputes (Infringement, Cancellation and Opposition).
- Domain Name Disputes.
- Complex Contracts, Including Vendor Agreements and Technology and Intellectual Property Licensing.
- Commercial and Business Transactions and Contracts.
Main Page | About Grimes & Reese | Practice Areas | MLM Law Clients | MLM Articles
MLM Law Library | What Our Clients Say | What's New | Search MLM Law | MLM Law Blog | Site Map